A European-centric View on Industry 4.0
Interreg Europe, the Policy Learning Platform, have a recently published a report on Industry 4.0 (pdf). Interreg Europe helps policymakers find solutions. Their paper provides an overview of Industry 4.0, explains the enabling technologies, opportunities and challenges and how this fits into European Union industrial policies.
The paper concludes with six policy recommendations applicable to all governments and regions:
- Devise Regional Industry 4.0 Strategies.
- Support the Creation of Makerspaces in Higher Education Institutions
- Adopt Responsible Criteria in Public Procurement Tenders
- Promote Public-Private Partnerships to Diffuse Industry 4.0 Technological Innovations
- Promote Diffusion of Industry 4.0 Technological Innovations in Lagging Regions
- Promote Disruptive Industry 4.0 Technological Innovations in Leading Innovative Regions